The Kwara State Government has restated its desire to work assiduously to ensure harmonious and peaceful co-existence among the people across the State.
The State Deputy Governor, Elder Peter Kisira stated this yesterday at Share junction while flagging off the physical field tracing and provisional demarcation of the Edu\Ifelodun Inter-Local Government boundary.
Elder Kisira noted that the people should be conscious of the fact that the development of the various communities was vital to the improvement of the quality of life of Nigerians.
The Deputy Governor who was represented by the Special Adviser on Security, Alhaji Amusa Bello explained that the physical field tracing and provisional demarcation was adopted to find permanent peace to the lingering communal clashes in Edu and Ifelodun Local Government Areas.
He stated that the exercise would provide a framework for map showing boundary, based on available instruments and claims for further necessary actions.
Elder Kisira appealed to all stakeholders, particularly the Communities that would be visited by the Technical Team for the exercise to give them maximum cooperation and ensure peace and security for successful output.
The Deputy Governor who highlighted some of the steps taken by previous and the present governments said the government would not relent in finding lasting solution to the dispute.
He commended the efforts of Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed and the intervention of the National Boundary Commission in ensuring peaceful co-existence between and among neighboring communities in the State.
Elder Kisira who is the Chairman of the State Boundary Committee assured that all the path to peace and lasting solution would be sustained.
Also speaking, the Director General, National Boundary Commission, Doctor M.
Doctor Ahmed who was represented by Surveyor Mulima Ngubdo Mulima pledged to carry out the assignment with all fairness.
Earlier in his opening remarks, the Secretary of the State Boundary Committee, Mr. Tunde Amos appreciated the support and cooperation received from traditional rulers, leaders and people of Share and Tsaragi Communities urging them to sustain the tempo to ensure the success of the exercise.
The programme was attended by the representatives of the two communities.
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto
- PVCs, ballot boxes, destroyed after an attack on Ebonyi INEC office
- Gov. Adeleke appoints Chief of Staff, SSG, CPS