A 37-year-old man, Nonso Eze, has been arrested by men of the Anambra state police command for allegedly pushing his 23-year-old girlfriend from a five storey building in Awada, Onitsha today January 23.
A statement released by the spokesperson of the command, Haruna Mohammed, states that at about 6:30am this morning, men of the Awada police Station received a report that at about 3am, the victim fell from the 5th floor of the five storey building located at N0.6 Orakwe close, fizzle Awada Obosi in Idemili North LGA of Anambra State.
Haruna said police operatives attached to Awada Division visited the scene, photographed the victim and rushed her to Bex hospital Onitsha for medical attention but was certified dead on arrival by a medical doctor.
”Preliminary inquiry from the occupants of the compound revealed that the girl was allegedly pushed down from the room of one Nonso Eze ‘m’ aged 37years of same address who is occupying the 5th floor following a quarrel. Suspect was subsequently arrested and search executed in his appartment where a pair of female slippers and unused condom was recovered as exhibits” Haruna’s statement read.
The police spokesperson added that the corpse was deposited at the hospital mortuary for autopsy while investigation is ongoing to ascertain circumstances surrounding the incident after which suspect will be brought to book.
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung