No fewer than 50 council chairmen in Lagos loyal to APC National Leader Ahmed Bola Tinubu, have met and pledged their support for Jide Sanyaolu Sanwonolu, who is alleged to be Tinubu’s preferred choice to be elected as governor of the state.
Akinwunmi Ambode’s quest to be re-elected as Lagos State Governor for a second term may have suffered set back as his political godfather was reported to have dumped him.
Solacebase gathered that council chairmen are strong grassroots mobilisers who can make or mar under the direct primary system that is adopted by APC, to select governorship candidates.
Also Jide Sanwonolu, a former Lagos Commissioner and Obafemi Hamzat, two prominent members of the APC have obtained the nomination forms for the governorship election of 2019
- Breaking …New Emir emerged in Dutse, Muhammadu Hameem
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget
- Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service insists on e-payment in hospitals
- Buhari invested more in vulnerable women, youth– Minister
- Buhari’s appointees sabotaging his administration– APC Stakeholders
- INEC won’t disappoint Nigerians in 2023 General Election– REC
- NYSC DG warns corps members against unauthorised trips
- 2023 election: Tinubu’s presidential bid is a divine project – Kekemeke
- 2023 Election: Clergy advises Nigerians to protect their votes
- Civil Society Organisations in Borno empathise with Nigerians over cash crunch