The Lagos Ministry of Health has identified the state’s index Lassa fever patient as an indigene of Ebonyi who arrived at the Nigerian Law School in Lagos over the weekend.
The state health ministry’s Director of Public Affairs, Mr. Tunbosun Ogunbamwo, confirmed this to PUNCH HealthWise on Wednesday.
He said the state was confident that the outbreak would be “comfortably contained.”
Mr. Ogunbamwo only said the index patient was from Ebonyi State, without disclosing further details.
The health commissioner, Prof. Akin Abayomi, had earlier referred to the patient as a “he,” suggesting he is male.
“The patient came in over the weekend for a programme in Lagos shortly before he was diagnosed,” Ogunbamwo said.
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed