Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi, has tested positive for the COVID-19 pandemic virus.
The Commissioner tested positive for the virus subsequent to close contact with persons feeling unwell and testing positive for the COVID-19 infection.
In a statement signed by Gbenga Omotoso,
Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Professor Abayomi became aware of his status following the required testing protocol of contact tracing procedures.
However, he is doing well with no symptoms. Adhering to the protocol of the home-based strategy in Lagos State.
The Commissioner will be isolating in his home for the next 14 days but will continue to discharge his duties both as the Deputy Incident Commander of the Incident Command System for COVID-19 and most especially, as the Honorable Commissioner for Health.
“Our prayers are with him and his family during his period of isolation.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo