The Lagos State Council of Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), has described as shocking the death of veteran sports writer Muyiwa Daniel.
The State NUJ Chairman, Adeleye Ajayi said this in a statement in Lagos.
“We were optimistic that he would overcome the sickness, unfortunately, he passed on while about to undergo surgery at LASUTH, Ikeja,” he said.
Ajayi said that Daniel contributed immensely to Sports Journalism and there was no way the history of Sports Journalism in Lagos State will be written without a mention of his name.
He prayed that the lord will grant his family, Sports Writers Association of Nigeria (SWAN) and the entire journalists in Lagos State the fortitude to bear the huge loss.
- World cup riots break out after Morocco’s shock 2-0 win over Belgium
- UK Arrival: Some selected pictures of Emir of Ilorin
- Abuja-Kaduna Rail service starts in 7 days– FG
- Kwara govt. re-opens College of Education, Ilorin
- Dangote plans 300,000 fresh jobs for Nigerians
- Minister Okays Security Measures For Abuja/Kaduna Train Transport Scheme
- Adeleke freezes Osun bank accounts immediately after swearing-in
- Adekeke rename Osun after sworn in as sixth governor
- Nigeria to begin processing of raw gold, others — Minister
- Why we retained workers in Ajaokuta inspite not being fully operational — minister