The family of Bajulaiye in Lagos have sued the police for allegedly aiding their tenant, Mr. Isaac Anumudu, to forcefully take over their property on Victoria Island and detaining four of their members.
In a suit they filed before the Lagos State High Court in Igbosere, the family claimed that the police invaded their property known as No. 8, Agoro Odiyan Street, Off Adeola Odeku Street, Victoria Island, at the instance of Anumudu.
Read also:Pastor, Police Cop killed in Ondo
The family, who claimed that the property was bequeathed to them by their late father, Mr. C.O. Bajulaiye, said they were bewildered at “the strange claim to ownership of the building” by Anumudu and his company, Crown Star Ltd.
Their lawyer, Mr. Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, is contending that the detention of the family members is illegal; adding that the statutory duty of the police does not extend to tenancy-related matters.
The family, through Adegboruwa, are seeking a court declaration that the arrest and detention of their members by the police “constitutes a flagrant violation of the applicants’ fundamental rights guaranteed under sections 35, 38, 40 and 41 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Dancing Senator, Ademola Adeleke declared as authentic Osun PDP candidate
- Hajj: NAHCON inaugurates, screens medical team
- PHOTO NEWS: Faces at NDC security seminar held in Abuja
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders