At least 50 people were killed and 200 were injured after a shooting at a country music festival in Las Vegas.
The suspected gunman, killed by the police has been identified as 64-year-old Stephen Paddock from Mesquite, NV, according to NBC News. Police said earlier that the shooter was a local resident and acted alone. Officers are searching for his companion, Marilou Danley, who was seen with him in a car before the incident. Danley lived with Paddock. Their house is being searched by police.
Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department said on Twitter: “Confirming that one suspect is down. This is an active investigation. Again, please do not head down to the Strip at this time.”
Witnesses have said that shots were fired at approximately 22:08 (05:08 GMT) during the performance of American country singer Jason Aldean.
It was the third and last night of the Route 91 Harvest festival. The stage was set up outside the Mandalay Bay resort. The event was sold-out and also featured country singers Eric Church and Sam Hunt.
Video clips posted online showed what sounded like automatic weapons as panicked concertgoers fled, dropped to the ground screaming.
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano
- KAM Holding Gets SON Applause, Bags 6 MANCAP Certificates (PHOTOS)
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears
- Osun Speaker, Owoeye meets Governor Adeleke
- Adeleke tasks panels to recover ”looted” state assets
- Lawmaker assures release of detained Nigerian lady in UAE
- Qatar says 500 death toll of World Cup workers recorded
- Justice Nyako seeks appointment of more judges for speedy justice dispensation
- Tinubu in Abuja not in the United States says APC PCC
- Aishatu Gobir delivers UNILORIN 219th Inaugural Lecture Dec. 1