The Speaker of the Kwara State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Dr. Ali Ahmad has expressed his deep shock over the demise of the Etsu Patigi, Alhaji Ibrahim Chatta Umar (OON), describing it as a huge loss to the state.
A condolence message issued by the speaker’s Special Assistant on Media, Shuaib Abdulkadir in Ilorin on Wednesday further described the late traditional ruler as a detribalised Nigerian who used his position to unite the state inspite several ethnicities abound in Kwara.
Ahmad recalled with nostalgia several opportunities he had to rub minds with the foremost late monarch bothering on State issues, adding that late Umar at any point in time was never busy to share lofty ideas on how to further move the state forward.
The speaker, who rued the royal father’s passage to the great beyond said he died at a time his services, experience, words of wisdom are still very much required towards building Kwara as an enviable state in Nigeria.
He noted that the deceased who until his demise was the Vice Chairman, Kwara State Council of Traditional Rulers served diligently, regretting that the late monarch would be greatly missed by his subjects, the traditional council and the state at large.
Ahmad stressed that the first class royal father’s peaceful reign spanning decades brought about tremendous improvement and development to the Ancient Nupe Town, adding that he ruled to the admiration of his subjects.
Ahmad, however condoled Kwara State Governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed, the Chairman, State Traditional Council, Alhaji Ibrahim SuluGambari, Patigi Local Government, Patigi Emirate Council and his immediate royal family over Umar’s loss, noting that his death is a bitter pill difficult to swallow.
He also commiserated with the people of Patigi on behalf of the House, the legislators as well as the staff of the Assembly.
The speaker prayed Allah in His Infinite mercy to provide the wherewithal for the deceased family to speedily overcome the Irreplaceable loss, forgive the late monarch’s shortcomings and grant him Al-Jannah Firdaus.
Facebook Comments Box
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78
- EFCC secures 3,328 convictions in 11 months – Chairman
- Buhari condoles with family of Gospel Musician, Sammie Okposo