The revered monarch died at the age of 110.
“Our heartfelt condolences go to the Oyun Traditional Council, the good people of Ijagbo, the immediate and extended families of His Royal Highness. We especially mourn with the learned silk Prince Lateef Fagbemi and his siblings on this loss,” the Governor said.
“Kabiesi was in a class of his own in wisdom, patience, and love for his people. He was a great servant of God. He will be sorely missed by all and sundry.
“We beseech Allah to grant the monarch Al-Jannah Firdaus and comfort the family and the entire Ijagbo community.”
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note
- Buhari speaks on new naira notes redesign amidst hardships
- NPC boss warns against extortion from applicants
- Tribunal judgement: I have faith in judiciary – Gov. Adeleke
- PoS surcharge: Operators allege bank officials sell cash to them
- Oyo Governor, Makinde Suspends Campaign Activities Over Fuel, Naira Crisis