Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan, has commenced a training and empowerment programme for beneficiaries of the mass wedding scheme which he recently sponsored for his constituents in Yobe State.
A statement signed by his Special Adviser on Media, Ola Awoniyi, informed that the couples numbering 300 who are from less privileged families were drawn from the six Local Government Areas in Yobe North Senatorial District.
It listed Bade, Jakusko, Nguru, Karasuwa, Machina and Yusufari as the six local government areas where the 50 couples each were selected for the mass wedding scheme
The statement added that the training and empowerment programme for the newly wedded couples is being organized by the Ahmad Ibrahim Lawan Foundation in collaboration with the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Sustainable Development Goals, SDGs.
It further stated that the programme which is split into two phases will commence with the training and empowerment of the new brides from November 30 to December 4, 2020.
The programme according to the statement would hold at the College of Legal and Islamic Studies, Nguru; and Umar Suleiman College of Education, Gashua in Yobe North Senatorial District.
It added that the second phase specifically meant for the grooms is expected to run from December 7 – 11, 2020.
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants