Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan, has commenced a training and empowerment programme for beneficiaries of the mass wedding scheme which he recently sponsored for his constituents in Yobe State.
A statement signed by his Special Adviser on Media, Ola Awoniyi, informed that the couples numbering 300 who are from less privileged families were drawn from the six Local Government Areas in Yobe North Senatorial District.
It listed Bade, Jakusko, Nguru, Karasuwa, Machina and Yusufari as the six local government areas where the 50 couples each were selected for the mass wedding scheme
The statement added that the training and empowerment programme for the newly wedded couples is being organized by the Ahmad Ibrahim Lawan Foundation in collaboration with the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Sustainable Development Goals, SDGs.
It further stated that the programme which is split into two phases will commence with the training and empowerment of the new brides from November 30 to December 4, 2020.
The programme according to the statement would hold at the College of Legal and Islamic Studies, Nguru; and Umar Suleiman College of Education, Gashua in Yobe North Senatorial District.
It added that the second phase specifically meant for the grooms is expected to run from December 7 – 11, 2020.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide