Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan and his deputy, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege have felicitated with President Muhammadu Buhari on the occasion of his 78th birthday.
In a statement he personally signed and made available to journalists in Abuja, Lawan noted that the President, “in all the years of his leadership of our country has shown undeniable commitment to the unity, peace and even development of Nigeria.”
He also pointed out that Buhari is leveraging on his integrity and good standing with the masses to courageously guide Nigeria through a difficult phase into future prosperity with the ongoing massive infrastructure projects across the country, series of programmes targeted at lifting the most vulnerable, like the social investment scheme, to the numerous bold initiatives of his government aimed at diversifying the economy.
While urging every citizen to continue to stand with the President, the Senate President said a member of the All Progressives Congress, APC, he was delighted with Buhari over his efforts at reforming and rebuilding the party, leading Nigeria into political stability and economic prosperity.
“On our part, the ninth National Assembly will continue to work harmoniously with the President for the peace and development of Nigeria and the well-being of our people,” Lawan assured.
Also in his own message personally signed by him, Omo-Agege emphasised that President Buhari’s purposeful leadership, commitment to the cause of the masses as exemplified in the people-oriented policies and programmes of his adminstration have endeared him to many.
The deputy senate president, who prayed for God’s renewed grace and mercies in the onerous leadership responsibility at hand, noted that “it has continued to be one challenge after another but we are certain that, in due course, our collective faith in God and our confidence in you will be justified.”
“Mr President, your purposeful leadership, anti-corruption stance, commitment to the cause of the masses, personal integrity and commitment to people-oriented policies and programmes have endeared you to millions of citizens both here and in the Diaspora,” he stated.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal