By Agnes Thomas
Joy Udo, a teacher, on Wednesday told a Jikwoyi Customary Court, Abuja, that she left her matrimonial home because her husband asked her to choose between the marriage and her job.
Joy, who filed a petition seeking dissolution of the marriage, said her husband Sammul Udo, asked her to resign from her job.
“The major disagreement we had before I left his house was that he asked me to quit my job because his mother never worked, so his wife must not work.
“I refused. I told him that I won’t quit my job because if I do, I will be in a tight corner.
“He does not have enough money to cater for the family, even the capital that he used in starting his business, I gave it to him,” she said.
Joy also told the court that her husband does not bear the entire responsibility of catering for the family, adding that her husband faked his identity to lure her to marry him.
“Before our marriage, my husband claimed to be a pastor, but after the marriage, he stopped going to church and never wanted to pray with the family,” she said.
She alleged that her husband was promiscuous.
“I always see lots of love text messages on my husband’s phone. When I called his lover, the lady will say my husband never told her that he was married.
“When the lady told my husband that I called her, he made trouble with me and said that the marriage between us has ended,” she said.
Joy urged the court to dissolve the marriage and grant her the custody of the children.
The respondent, Udo, a businessman, was not in court.
The judge, Everyman Eleanya, adjourned the case until May 27 for defense.
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price
- Tems wins Grammy award
- Kwara South Group Drums Support For ADC Reps candidate, Gbenga Power
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai