After completing the signing of Adrien Silva from Sporting Lisbon, FIFA claim they did not receive the paperwork early enough. hence, nullifying the transfer.
Although FIFA insist they did not receive this in time, with some reports claiming it was just 14 seconds late, Leicester are confident they returned the signed paperwork before the deadline and are working with Sporting Lisbon and Silva to try to prove this and reverse the governing body’s decision.
The Premier League club agreed a £22million deal with Sporting Lisbon for the 28-year-old on August 31, the final day of the summer transfer window, but had to request an extension to complete the necessary paperwork.
It is possible a small delay caused by technology might explain the situation, with the time it takes an email being sent to arriving at its destination the difference between FIFA receiving the paperwork in time.
Should FIFA uphold their decision, it is unlikely Silva will be able to play for Leicester until January 2018.
Silva’s move hinged on Danny Drinkwater sealing a switch to Chelsea and the window officially closed with Silva at Leicester’s training ground and Drinkwater at Chelsea’s Cobham base.
Drinkwater was announced as a Chelsea player at 1.30am on September 1 but Silva’s move remained in the balance until news broke of FIFA rejecting his registration late on Tuesday night
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal