The Kogi State Independent Electoral Commission (KOSIEC) says campaigns for the local government elections scheduled for Dec. 12 will hold from Nov. 4 to Dec. 10 .
Its Commissioner in charge of Media and Publicity, Mr Yakubu Chogudo, said this in Lokoja on Saturday.
Chogudo directed political parties to submit their campaign schedules to aid proper monitoring by the commission.
“It should consist of the dates and schedules of movements to various locations in the state e.g. local government wards, polling units, senatorial districts and ultimately, the venue for the grand finale,” he said in a statement.
According to him, this will enable the commission to prepare a dossier that will guarantee a hitch-free campaign at all locations in the state.
The commission had earlier announced that the All Progressives Congress (APC), Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and 20 other political parties will participate in the election scheduled for Dec. 12.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory