She is Dr. Rebecca Aimiohu Okojie, a deputy registrar with the University of Ilorin, ROYAL NEWS reports.
Dr. Okojie’s appointment, following her successful performance in a rigorous interview, was announced penultimate week by the authorities of the institution in Lokoja, the Kogi State capital.
The new Registrar would be bringing on board the services of the Federal University a vast experience in university administration.
Dr. Okojie was,until her appointment, the Director, Administration and Operational Services, Vice-Chancellor’s Office,Kwara State University, Malete,where she had been on sabbatical leave since last year.
Meanwhile, the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ilorin, Prof. Sulyman Age Abdulkareem,has rejoiced with Dr. Okojie on her appointment.
In a press statement, signed on his behalf by the institution’s Director of Corporate Affairs,Mr.Kunle Akogun, the Vice-Chancellor described Dr.Okojie’s appointment as well-deserved,saying that the new Registrar is a thorough-bred and outstanding administrator.
Prof. Abdulkareem said that the management and staff of the University of Ilorin were not surprised with the appointment as he remarked that the new Registrar has paid her dues.
The Vice-Chancellor further explained that the appointment of Dr. Okojie was “a worthy addition to the glowing and growing accomplishments of the University and its individual staff members who are being tasked with the leadership of other institutions because of what they have achieved at the University of Ilorin”.
Prof. Abdulkareem,nevertheless, urged Dr.Okojie to see her appointment as a challenge, while enjoining her to ensure that she devotes all her resources towards the progress and development of the Federal University,Lokoja.
He also encouraged the new Registrar to continue to see herself as a brand Amabassador of the University of Ilorin, saying that “we expect nothing from her but her characteristic resourcefulness, industry and tirelessness in the discharge of her new assignment”.
The Vice-Chancellor,therefore, wished the new Registrar a very successful and rewarding tenure of office.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector