By Halimat Mohammed & Clement Adedeji
Members of the Local Government Worker under the aegis of Ex-Councillors Forum in Kwara State on Monday protested to Government House, Ilorin over unpaid salaries and severance allowances.
The group in their agitations alleged that government has refused to pay their salaries and entitlements for the past 9 months.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the aggrieved members demonstrated along Ahmadu Bello Way and later sat in front of Government House for several hours waving their placards carrying different inscriptions such as “Pay us our Salaries Arrears”, “We are suffering”, “we can no longer afford house rent” among other heart-touching words. They also lamented and narrated how they have been going through pains for the past nine- months.
WATCH FULL VIDEO
The Deputy Speaker of the Forum, Mallam Jubril Abdullahi, who spoke with our correspondent disclosed that “three persons have died out of the 146 members and this is the most reason why the state government need to consider us with our plight.
However, after over 1 hour close-door meeting with the State Governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed, representatives of the forum assured members that the governor has promised to pay the salaries adding that, “We are not pleased with the arrangement because promise has been made severally without results” even as they pleaded with the State Government to yield to their demands.
- Private sector impressed as Gov AbdulRazaq declares open 10th Kwara Trade Fair
- Emefiele’s Naira redesign ran farmers bankrupt – FG
- Let’s use media to fight drug, internet fraud- Akogun
- UNILORIN Don canvasses creation of National Examination Malpractices Board
- UNILORIN emerges 9th in global ranking for Int’l students
- Kwara garment factory will be largest in West Africa at full capacity–MD
- WRITERS MOURN DEATH OF VETERAN POET, ỌLÁŃREWAJÚ ADÉPOJÙ
- Powerful Nigerian poet and author, Olarewaju Adepoju dies at 83
- Veteran NTA news caster, Aisha Bello Mustapha is dead
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*