Austin Ajayi, Yola
A middle aged man, Kama Hammajoda is helping the police to unravel the circumstances that led to Acid bath on his fiancee, Ladi Ishaku in Badarisa area, a sub-burd in Jimeta, Adamawa State.
Ladi Isaku, who is critically lying down at a hospital in Yola, the State capital, was on Sunday at around 8pm disfigured through the acid bath.
According to Ladi, “the assailant allegedly attacked me when l was lying down because I refused to marry him’’.
Though, I did not see him ” Carma Hammajoda, but because of our last discussion and his threat on me before after l told him I am no longer interested in the relationship”
Narrating why she suspects Hammajoda, Ladi said, “he had threatened my life when I told him, our relationship would not lead to marriage”.
“I refused to marry him because I sensed he was lying to me about virtually everything. For instance, He told me that he was not married, but I found out he lied about it”.
“I confronted him about it, and in a heated argument I told him I won’t marry him; so he threatened me saying if I don’t marry him then everyone will lose.
“Shortly thereafter, in January this year, my mother was burnt to death in her room; but as at that time, I couldn’t link it to Hammajoda’s threat.
“Last Sunday, I was lying down in the open within our compound with two other person due to power outage, when someone tiptoed in the dark and poured acid on me”, she narrated.
When contacted, the police public relations officer, DSP Suleman Ngoreggi, he confirmed the incident and said Hammajoda who is currently in police detention at the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) in connection with the crime, has denied the allegation.
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people
- Kwara Govt approves scholarship for Law students
- Bernard Arnault overtakes Elon Musk, emerges world’s richest
- Fuel Scarcity: Give us petrol at official ex-depot price, lPMAN tasks NNPC
- We have no hands in appointment of VCs– NUC
- World Cup quarter-finals: Morocco vs. Portugal on Saturday
- Adamawa establishes 5 sexual referral centres – Official
- Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelenskyy named Time’s 2022 Person of the Year