A former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, has asserted that a former Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Pension Reforms, Abdulrasheed Maina, would have been thrown in jail if he were a member of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Fani-Kayode tweeted on Tuesday: “If fugitive Pensions boss Abdulrasheed Maina had been a member of the PDP and if he was not under the protection of the Min. of Internal Affairs, the Min. of Justice, the Head of Service and the evil cabal, he and his family would be in indefinate detention by now. APC rogues!”
Read also:African roads claims 650 lives daily–UN
Recall that President Muhammadu Buhari had on Monday ordered the dismissal of Maina, while demanding that a comprehensive report on the circumstances surrounding his reinstatement by the close of the same day.
The Head of Civil Service of the Federation, Winifred Oyo-Ita, submitted the report, as confirmed by the President’s Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina.
Maina has been on the run over a pension fraud running into N100billion.
He was dismissed from the civil service in 2013 for absconding, but secretly reabsorbed and promoted in September.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note