The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Traditional Council,
Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has described the death of the
Danmasani’n Kano, Alhaji Yusuf Maitama Sule as a great loss not only the people of Kano but to Nigerians and the entire international community.
The Emir in his condolence message issued by the National Secretary of Shehu Alimi Foundation for Peace and Development, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, extolled the virtues of late Maitama Sule for his sterling contributions to nation-building.
According to him, “Yusuf Maitama Sule lived a fulfilled life worth of
emulation for the younger generations and the yet unborn ones. His
death is a colossal loss to this nation. His close relationship with
early nationalists such as Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Sir Ahmadu Bello among others further enhanced his patriotism and equipped him with leadership and diplomatic qualities that can transform Nigeria for the benefit of the downtrodden.
“He was a complete nationalist, devout Muslim, friend of the masses, administrator per excellence, fine politician and most importantly elder statesman whose records of service to the nation would not be forgotten so soon.”
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari also recalled the statement of late Danmasani’n Kano that, “Everyone has a gift from God. The Northerners are endowed by God with leadership qualities. The Yoruba man knows how to earn a living and has diplomatic qualities. The Igbo man is gifted in trade, commerce, and technological innovation. God so created us equally with purpose and different gifts.”
He however described him as a true Nigerian whose love for the unity of the entire nation despite the diversity can never be negotiated an inch despite the threats from different quarters.
While condoling his immediate family, Kano Emirate Council, government and people of Kano State and the entire Nigerians over the great loss, the Emir prayed Allah to grant him eternal rest and admit him into Al-janatul firdaos.
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants