The death of the pioneer Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC) Justice Mustapha Akanbi, has been described as a colossal loss to Kwara state and Nigeria at large.
This was contained in a statement issued by Alh . Tajudeen Audu, FCA who is the Makaman Lafiagi and gubernatorial aspirant in the forthcoming elections, ROYAL NEWS reports.
He said the late legal luminary was always an inspiration especially during his time as the pioneer chairman of the ICPC where he performed excellently well to curb the menace of corruption in the country.
“Late Justice Mustapha Akanbi will be most remembered for his contributions to nation building and how he courageously fronted the anti – corruption war not forgetting the roles he played in the Muslim Ummah”. His wealth of experience in the legal profession will be greatly missed.
While praying to Allah to forgive his shortcomings and grant him Aljanatul firdaus, the governorship aspirant noted that a life well spent in the service of humanity will suffice for this loss.
- Buhari says Govs are stealing local govt funds
- Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian huge divorce parting gift
- 2023: INEC takes delivery of last batch of PVCs in Edo
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy
- Nigeria is not broke, says finance minister
- Aree of Ogele felicitates with Sulu-Gambari on SAN attainment
- 2023: INEC, NUJ collaborate on election, conflict-sensitive reporting
- Senate President cautions against Vote-trading in 2023 poll