During the swearing-in, Governor Seyi Makinde charged the new deputy governor to serve the state diligently in his new capacity.
He stated that the new position was a shred of evidence that he excelled in his duty as the Chairman of the Housing Corporation of the state.
Makinde said: “The position is that of trust. Our masters are the people of Oyo State and our responsibility is to continue to serve them to the best of our abilities and deliver good governance to them.”
Bayo Lawal, according to the governor, will continue to supervise the Housing Corporation, the Oyo State Road Maintenance Agency, OYSTROMA, and the Ministry of Justice.
“Let me encourage you to put the interest of the people of Oyo State first. You will continue to supervise the Housing Corporation even from this position.
“Also, the Oyo State Road Maintenance Agency, OYSTROMA, will be under your direct supervision,” Makinde stated.
The former Oyo State deputy governor, Rauf Olaniyan, was removed by members of the State House of Assembly, following misconduct and a series of allegations levelled against him on Monday.
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated