During the swearing-in, Governor Seyi Makinde charged the new deputy governor to serve the state diligently in his new capacity.
He stated that the new position was a shred of evidence that he excelled in his duty as the Chairman of the Housing Corporation of the state.
Makinde said: “The position is that of trust. Our masters are the people of Oyo State and our responsibility is to continue to serve them to the best of our abilities and deliver good governance to them.”
Bayo Lawal, according to the governor, will continue to supervise the Housing Corporation, the Oyo State Road Maintenance Agency, OYSTROMA, and the Ministry of Justice.
“Let me encourage you to put the interest of the people of Oyo State first. You will continue to supervise the Housing Corporation even from this position.
“Also, the Oyo State Road Maintenance Agency, OYSTROMA, will be under your direct supervision,” Makinde stated.
The former Oyo State deputy governor, Rauf Olaniyan, was removed by members of the State House of Assembly, following misconduct and a series of allegations levelled against him on Monday.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Professionalism, training motivation, support are catalyst for transformed education system– Stakeholders
- Emir Sulu-Gambari prays for Doyen of Geology, Prof. Oyawoye at 95
- Again, Buhari urges ASUU to call off strike
- Kwara Govt secondary school without classrooms
- NBA lauds Bala Mohammed for signing judiciary autonomy bill into law
- APC Chieftain lauds Faleke’s appointment as Secretary of APC Presidential Campaign
- Transform Raw Materials To Finished and Revenue Generating Product – FG
- Afritel trains journalists on good governance, accountability reporting
- Soludo suspends LG chairman over wife’s death
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos