Gov. Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has described the death of the Solicitor-General and Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Justice, Mr Wasiu Gbadegesin, as a painful blow.
This is contained in a statement on Tuesday in Ibadan by Mr Taiwo Adisa, the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor.
Makinde said that the late permanent secretary was a hardworking and efficient civil servant, who gave his best to the state.
He noted that the deceased’s wealth of experience and expertise would be sorely missed.
The governor commiserated with the family of the late Gbadegesin, the staff of the Ministry of Justice and the judiciary.
“The passage of the Solicitor-General of Oyo State and Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Justice, Prince Wasiu Adetunji Gbadegesin is a great blow to the ministry, the state and the judiciary.
“It is my prayers that God will grant him Aljanah Firdaus and give his immediate family, the royal family of Oyo, civil servants and members of the judiciary family in the state the fortitude to bear this loss,’’ Makinde said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections