The Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, has announced a donation of N11 million to flood victims in Gwandu Emirate in Kebbi.
Dr Umar Jibrilu-Gwandu, Special Assistant on Media and Public Relations, Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, made the disclosure in a statement made available to ROYAL NEWS in Birnin Kebbi on Sunday.
Malami said that the money will be channelled through his two NGOs: Khadimiyya for Justice and Development and Kadi Malami Foundation.
The minister announced the donation while on sympathy visit to the Emir of Gwandu, Alhaji Muhammadu Ilyasu-Bashar.
He said flood victims in Birnin Kebbi Local Government Area are to receive N2 million, while N1 million each will be shared to the flood victims in the remaining nine LGAs.
Malami also condoled with the Emir of Gwandu over the death of some traditional title holders in the Emirate, including the Ubandoman Gwandu, Alhaji Halidu Sa’adu, Tafidan Gwandu; Alhaji Yahya Bawa and District Head of Aliero.
Responding, the Emir of Gwandu, Ilyasu-Bashar, thanked the minister for what he termed as “home-coming”.
The Emir called for more unity, obedience to the rule of law and respect for constituted authorities.
He said, already, relevant authorities had predicted the occurrence of the flood, which he said, should serve as a pointer to the imperatives of respecting the authorities.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal