A key strategy for reducing the burden of malaria in the country is through the distribution of the long lasting insecticidal Nets (LLNI), ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
The team lead of the Kwara State Mass Campaign team for the Long lasting insecticide nets (LLIN), Dr. Tosin Fakayode, stated this in Ilorin the state capital. The project is being facilitated in collaboration with the Catholic Relief Service, (CRS).
The medical expert noted that “the Kwara State Goverment in collaboration with the of CRS is distributing Long Lasting Insecticidal Nets (LLNI) to 15 local government areas through the already gathered data.
Also speaking, the Assistant Director Security Enforcement, Mrs. F. A. Adekaiyaoja, disclosed that malaria is a key to population reduction which makes it a treat to human security.
Adekaiyaoja further said the security agencies have pledged its maximum surrport in the area of security at every local government where the distribution exercise is ongoing.
In her remarks, the CRS team lead, Mrs. Adaeze, who is also a member of the mass campaign team, commended the efforts of law enforcement agencies for their roles during the universal campaign in Oyun that was done earlier in the year with remarkable success.
She however emphasised that the nets are free adding that people should be guided so that it will not be sold to them.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank