Ishaku said this while addressing the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) supporters at a reception organised for him at Rimi Primary School, Tukum.
”Apart from health and water sectors, my administration had turned around the education, agricultural and social sectors, to improve the living conditions of our people,” he said.
Ishaku said his administration’s rehabilitation of Takum General Hospital made it possible for the hospital to provide quality service to the urban town and surrounding communities.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Ishaku, who was visiting his hometown, Takum, for the first time since his re-election in 2019, was received by mammoth crowd, some of whom climbed trees to have a glimpse of him.
”Many communities in the area would soon enjoy uninterrupted power supply courtesy of soon to be commissioned 40MW electricity dam project in Kashimbila, Takum LGA.
”Others to enjoy also are Donga, Ussa, Wukari and Ibi Local Government Areas while the Yangtu Special Development Area would soon enjoy uninterrupted power supply.
”We will liaise with relevant federal authorities and the World Bank to improve irrigation activities and water supply to the rural communities since Kashimbila project is a multi purpose one,” he said.
Ishaku, who was in Takum to vote in the upcoming Local Government Council Election, scheduled for June 30, called on the people of the area to conduct themselves peacefully as they elect candidates of their choice.
Traditional dances and other cultural displays added colour to the event.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation