Man, 23 hacked to death over N 200
A 34-year-old man, Mayowa Olabiyi, was on Wednesday brought before an Ebute Meta Chief Magistrates’ Court in Lagos for allegedly hacking a man to death over N200.
Olabiyi had appeared before the Chief Magistrate, Mr O.O. Olatunji, on two counts of conspiracy and murder.
Olatunji directed that the case file should be sent to the State Director of Public Prosecutions for advice.
Earlier, Police Prosecutor, Oladele Adebayo, told the court that the accused committed the offences on August 26, at 6.30 pm, at No. 23, Irepodun Street, Shangisha, Magodo.
He alleged that the accused and two others now at large, had hacked Akeem Ajilogba, 23, with a matchet during a brawl over N200.
The offences, Adebayo noted, contravened Sections 223 and 233 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State 2015 which stipulates death sentence for offenders.
The case has been adjourned to October 11, for the DPP’s advice.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)
- IEYDA applauds Police, Army, others over peaceful conduct of polls
- How FG punished me for going to court over naira policy – Gov Matawalle
- Nigeria’s total public debt stock hits N46.25trn in Q4 2022 – NBS
- Asari Dokubo leads solidarity walk for President-Elect Tinubu in Rivers State
- MC Oluomo bans illegal Agbero taxes in part of Lagos
- Justice AbdulMuttalib Ambali’s demise, great loss to humanity Emir Sulu-Gambari
- TRIBUTE TO LATE HON. JUSTICE MUTALLIB AHMAD AMBALI OFR
- UNILORIN don, Prof. Aishatu Gobir gets new appointment, group reacts
- Ikpeazu sacks all Special Advisers, Aides