A 24-year-old unemployed man, Blessing Agboola, was on Wednesday remanded in Kirikiri Prisons by an Ikeja Chief Magistrates’ Court, for defiling a 3-year-old girl.
The Chief Magistrate, Mr. Tajudeen Elias, remanded Agboola in prison after he had pleaded guilty for defiling the minor.
Elias adjourned the case to Dec. 5 for sentencing.
The accused, who resides at Odutola St., Alimosho, a suburb of Lagos, was charged for defilement.
The Prosecutor, Sgt. Rafael Donny, told the court that the offence was committed on Oct. 28 at the accused residence.
Donny said that the accused defiled a 3-year-old daughter of his neighbour in his room.
“It was the cry of the baby that alerted her mother and caught the accused in the act,” he said.
He said that the offence contravenes Section 137 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC