A 24-year-old unemployed man, Blessing Agboola, was on Wednesday remanded in Kirikiri Prisons by an Ikeja Chief Magistrates’ Court, for defiling a 3-year-old girl.
The Chief Magistrate, Mr. Tajudeen Elias, remanded Agboola in prison after he had pleaded guilty for defiling the minor.
Elias adjourned the case to Dec. 5 for sentencing.
The accused, who resides at Odutola St., Alimosho, a suburb of Lagos, was charged for defilement.
The Prosecutor, Sgt. Rafael Donny, told the court that the offence was committed on Oct. 28 at the accused residence.
Donny said that the accused defiled a 3-year-old daughter of his neighbour in his room.
“It was the cry of the baby that alerted her mother and caught the accused in the act,” he said.
He said that the offence contravenes Section 137 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74