The Police in Jigawa have arrested a 25-year-old man for alleged shop breaking and theft of 10 mobile phones and accessories in Jahun area of the state.
Spokesman of the police in the state, DSP Lawan Shiisu, confirmed the arrest to the News Agency of Nigeria in Dutse on Wednesday.
Shiisu said the suspect, a resident of Makani village, was arrested about 3:30 a.m., by operatives of Jahun Divisional Police Headquarters.
He said during the course of investigation, the suspect revealed the name of his accomplice, now at large.
Shiisu alleged that the suspects conspired and broke into six shops in the area and stole valuables and cash.
The spokesperson alleged that the suspects carted away 10 mobile phones (Five android and five keypad handsets), eight ear piece, eight handset batteries, two MP3 radio and one bluetooth.
Others were recharge cards, nine yards of brocade, set of cloth, books, biscuits and N33,000 cash.
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud