A Kano Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday ordered that a 25-year -old man, Yusuf Abubakar, be remanded in a correctional facility for allegedly cutting off a man’s thumb .
Police charged Abubakar, who resides in the Kumbotso local government area of Kano, with causing serious injury, contrary to the provisions of article 248 of the Penal Code.
Magistrate Ibrahim Khalil, who gave the order, adjourned the case until June 30, for further mention.
Earlier, prosecution attorney Ms. Maryam Jibril told the court that the accused committed the offense on June 4 in the Kumbotso local government area in Kano state.
Jibril said the accused used a sharp cutlass and cut off Aliyu Adam’s thumb.
She said the accused injured Adam’s mother, Jamila, with a knife.
The accused, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges.
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity
- Opposition behind naira frustration– Lai Mohammed
- Breaking…. IPMAN orders fuel stations to shutdown operations
- Turkey-Syria Earthquake: Death toll crosses 5,000
- Atiku pays courtesy visit to Bauchi traditional rulers
- FG tasks Hajj Institute on best services to pilgrims
- Man United massively transformed under Ten Hag – De Gea
- Naira redesign: Don’t make Nigerians scapegoats, says Atiku