A Kano Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday ordered that a 25-year -old man, Yusuf Abubakar, be remanded in a correctional facility for allegedly cutting off a man’s thumb .
Police charged Abubakar, who resides in the Kumbotso local government area of Kano, with causing serious injury, contrary to the provisions of article 248 of the Penal Code.
Magistrate Ibrahim Khalil, who gave the order, adjourned the case until June 30, for further mention.
Earlier, prosecution attorney Ms. Maryam Jibril told the court that the accused committed the offense on June 4 in the Kumbotso local government area in Kano state.
Jibril said the accused used a sharp cutlass and cut off Aliyu Adam’s thumb.
She said the accused injured Adam’s mother, Jamila, with a knife.
The accused, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate