The Prosecuting Police, Insp. Nasiru Yusuf, told the court that the
accused, on Nov.1, presented himself as an Air force Officer to the
Divisional Police Officer (DPO) at Oke-Ode in Irepodun Local
Government area of Kwara.
According to him, when the DPO suspected the genuineness of the
identity card, Olatunji brandished a dagger and threatened to stab any policeman that came close to him.
He said that the accused was arraigned on a three-count charge of
criminal Intimidation, false impersonation and forgery Contrary to
Section 397, 179 and 364 of the Penal Code Law.
The accused, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges against him.
The prosecutor objected to bail of the accused on grounds that the
offences were not bailable.
Magistrate Abdullahi Hassan ordered that the accused be remanded at Okekura Prison, Ilorin, and adjourned the case till Dec. 14, for
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion