A 26-year-old man has been arrested by men of the Jigawa state police command for allegedly killing his 23-year-old wife in the Sule Tankarkar local government area.
Confirming the arrest to newsmen, the spokesperson of the state police command, Lawan Shiisu, said the suspect was arrested after the police received a report about the killing on December 27, at about 12:50 p.m. According to Shiisu, the complainant alleged that the suspect hit the deceased with a stick over a misunderstanding.
“On December 27, at about 1250hrs, one Bulama Muntari Ubale of Baldi village Sule Tankarkar LGA reported that on the same date at about 1130hrs, a couple, one Yusuf Zubairu, aged 26, of Fulanin Mailefe in Baldi village and one Fatima Hardo Dare, aged 23, of the same address, were having misunderstanding between them.
And in the process of the fracas, the said Yusuf Zubairu, a.k.a Sallau, used a stick and hit Fatima Hardo (now deceased) on her head.”
It added that when a man, Rabi Lawan, of the same address “came to intervene, the said Yusuf Zubairu also inflicted serious injury on him.”
The statement added that upon receipt of the report, a team of policemen rushed to the scene and conveyed the victims to Gumel General Hospital, where Ms Dare was confirmed dead by a medical doctor. At the same time, Ms Lawan was admitted for treatment.
Shiisu said the stick was recovered as an exhibit, and that investigation into the case is ongoing, after which the suspect would be charged to court.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Farm workers kill owner in Kwara, remanded in prison
- FG Inaugurates Nigerian Shippers’ Council Governing Board
- Artisan docked for allegedly stealing cellphone
- NIS chief warns officers against extortion in passport processing
- We engage consultant in waste management for clean, healthy environment- Oyo Govt
- Ikpeazu inaugurates ABSU governing council, approves 3 months salary arrears payment
- NAF eliminates terrorists leader, Shanono in Kaduna
- Lagos residents to pay more for waste management — LAWMA