Police in Vietnam’s northern Dien Bien province have arrested a local man for trafficking heroin, Vietnam News Agency reported on Tuesday.
“The 23-year-old was caught red-handed with 10 cakes of heroin, weighing about 3.5 kg, in Dien Bien Dong district of the province on Monday,’’ the news agency reported.
Earlier on Oct. 19, the police also arrested a 26-year-old person and seized two cakes of heroin weighing 700 grammes in the province’s Muong Ang district.
According to Vietnamese law, those convicted of smuggling over 600 grammes of heroin or over 2.5 kg of methamphetamine are punishable by death.
Making or trading 100 grammes of heroin or 300 grammes of other illegal drugs also faces the death penalty.
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget
- Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service insists on e-payment in hospitals
- Buhari invested more in vulnerable women, youth– Minister
- Buhari’s appointees sabotaging his administration– APC Stakeholders
- INEC won’t disappoint Nigerians in 2023 General Election– REC
- NYSC DG warns corps members against unauthorised trips
- 2023 election: Tinubu’s presidential bid is a divine project – Kekemeke
- 2023 Election: Clergy advises Nigerians to protect their votes
- Civil Society Organisations in Borno empathise with Nigerians over cash crunch
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement