Police in Vietnam’s northern Dien Bien province have arrested a local man for trafficking heroin, Vietnam News Agency reported on Tuesday.
“The 23-year-old was caught red-handed with 10 cakes of heroin, weighing about 3.5 kg, in Dien Bien Dong district of the province on Monday,’’ the news agency reported.
Earlier on Oct. 19, the police also arrested a 26-year-old person and seized two cakes of heroin weighing 700 grammes in the province’s Muong Ang district.
According to Vietnamese law, those convicted of smuggling over 600 grammes of heroin or over 2.5 kg of methamphetamine are punishable by death.
Making or trading 100 grammes of heroin or 300 grammes of other illegal drugs also faces the death penalty.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections