One Malam Jamilu of Marmaran garo, Gidan Haki in Sokoto north local government area has been arrested for allegedly beating his 8-month pregnant wife, Suwaiba to the state of comma.
Jamilu was said to have beaten the mother of his two kids, now carrying their third child with a hammer, inflicting a serious body injury on her.
The suspect however, confessed committing the offence which he attributed to the work of a devil.
He also promised not to do it again, just as he pleaded for mercy and forgiveness.
Daily Trust learnt that Suwaiba is still recuperating in an undisclosed hospital in the state metropolis.
Speaking to our reporter, the Commander, Sokoto state Hisbah Commissioner, Dr. Adamu Kasarawa said the suspect was arrested following a report from a Good Samaritan.
He explained that the incidence followed a mild misunderstanding between the couple.
Kasarawa who confirmed that the suspect used a hammer in beating his wife said by the time his men visited their place, the wife was already unconscious with blood gushing out from her mouth.
“We rushed her to the hospital where she had been in comma for almost six days before she was revived,” he said.
He described Jamilu’s action as inhuman and against the Shari’ah law, assuring that he would be prosecuted after their investigation.
“We were told that this was not the first time he was beating her,” he added.
He called on couples to always treat each other with respect and patience.
- Oyebanji Unveils N12bn Economic Relief Programme
- (PHOTOS) Ex-Finance Minister, Okonjo-Iweala bags Timor Leste’s second highest national honour
- Kwara CP sues for peaceful demonstration ahead of planned protest (FULL STATEMENT)
- Nnamdi Kanu knows fate on fresh bail battle March 19
- Ex-DSP, Ekweremadu commends Nigerians for solidarity, prayers
- 16, 920 applicants jostle for UNILORIN’s admission
- 3 kids of same parents die of suffocation in Ilorin
- SERAP sues Wike, 36 govs ‘over failure to account for missing N40trn LGAs allocations’
- Lifted sanctions: Begin democratic process now, Northern Senators task Niger
- Group calls for arrest of cleric wanting Tinubu’s wife