One Malam Jamilu of Marmaran garo, Gidan Haki in Sokoto north local government area has been arrested for allegedly beating his 8-month pregnant wife, Suwaiba to the state of comma.
Jamilu was said to have beaten the mother of his two kids, now carrying their third child with a hammer, inflicting a serious body injury on her.
The suspect however, confessed committing the offence which he attributed to the work of a devil.
He also promised not to do it again, just as he pleaded for mercy and forgiveness.
Daily Trust learnt that Suwaiba is still recuperating in an undisclosed hospital in the state metropolis.
Speaking to our reporter, the Commander, Sokoto state Hisbah Commissioner, Dr. Adamu Kasarawa said the suspect was arrested following a report from a Good Samaritan.
He explained that the incidence followed a mild misunderstanding between the couple.
Kasarawa who confirmed that the suspect used a hammer in beating his wife said by the time his men visited their place, the wife was already unconscious with blood gushing out from her mouth.
“We rushed her to the hospital where she had been in comma for almost six days before she was revived,” he said.
He described Jamilu’s action as inhuman and against the Shari’ah law, assuring that he would be prosecuted after their investigation.
“We were told that this was not the first time he was beating her,” he added.
He called on couples to always treat each other with respect and patience.
- SAD…. Ilorin-born varsity don, Sulyman Gurumoh is dead
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt
- BREAKING…Yoruba King, Onijagbo of Ijagbo dies