Men of the Edo State Police Command have arrested a 20-year-old man, Mr. Safas Afa, over the alleged murder and robbery of a commercial motorcyclist in Okomu community in Ovia South West Local Government Area
Afa who hails from Benue State was among the 87 suspected criminals paraded by command for offences ranging from kidnapping, armed robbery, cultism, illegal possession of firearms, community crisis to murder.
Narrating how he killed the victim and took his motorcycle and phone for sale to a nearby community at N160, 000, Afa said that he cut the deceased’s neck with a cutlass inside a rubber plantation.
He said: “On November 3, 2016, I told my friend, Aniete Okon, to carry me with his motorcycle to the farm. On our way I saw a cutlass inside a rubber plantation, I told him to stop, I collected the cutlass and cut his neck, took his motorcycle and phone.
“As I was taking the bike to another village to sell, Okomu security held me at the gate, I am a rubber taper Sir,” the suspect said.
The Commissioner of Police, Mr Haliru Gwandu, paraded the 87 suspects along with arms and ammunition at the command headquarters in Benin City.
Gwandu said that the suspects were arrested at the different locations in the state following a tip-off and special security measures he adopted.
He called on members of the public to assist the police with information that would enhance security of lives and property in Edo State.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory