By Arowona Abdulazeez
For allegedly raping twin sisters and putting one in a family way, Samuel Adebayo, was on Thursday charged before an Ikeja Chief Magistrates’ Court.
The accused, 30, a driver, who at Beckley Estate, Abule Egba, suburb of Lagos is being tried for rape and attempt to commit abortion.
The prosecutor, Sgt . Raphael Donny told the court that the offences were committed in December 2016 at the accused residence.
Donny said that the accused live in the same compound with the complainants, a twin sisters, aged 17.
“The accused raped the girls on different occasions and in the process, one of them got pregnant.
“The accused gave her N20, 000 to terminate the pregnancy but instead, she confided in her elder sister who informed their mother.
“The case was reported at the police station and the accused was apprehended, ” he said.
The offences contravened Sections 147(1) and 259 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The accused however pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs Davies Abegunde admitted the accused to a bail of N500, 000 with two sureties in like sum.
Abegunde adjourned the case until June 5 for mention.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note