By Arowona Abdulazeez
For allegedly raping twin sisters and putting one in a family way, Samuel Adebayo, was on Thursday charged before an Ikeja Chief Magistrates’ Court.
The accused, 30, a driver, who at Beckley Estate, Abule Egba, suburb of Lagos is being tried for rape and attempt to commit abortion.
The prosecutor, Sgt . Raphael Donny told the court that the offences were committed in December 2016 at the accused residence.
Donny said that the accused live in the same compound with the complainants, a twin sisters, aged 17.
“The accused raped the girls on different occasions and in the process, one of them got pregnant.
“The accused gave her N20, 000 to terminate the pregnancy but instead, she confided in her elder sister who informed their mother.
“The case was reported at the police station and the accused was apprehended, ” he said.
The offences contravened Sections 147(1) and 259 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The accused however pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs Davies Abegunde admitted the accused to a bail of N500, 000 with two sureties in like sum.
Abegunde adjourned the case until June 5 for mention.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal