A couple have set a new record for the shortest marriage after calling it quits at their reception venue because of the wife’s choice of song.
The groom divorced his wife following an argument during their celebrations in Baghdad.
According to local reports, the woman requested the Syrian song Mesaytara by Lamis Kan. The title translates to I am dominant or I will control you.
The song begins with the lyrics: “I am dominant; you will be ruled under my strict instructions, I will drive you crazy if you looked at other girls on the street.
“Yes, I’m dominant, you’re my piece of sugar. As long as you’re with me, you’ll walk under my command.”
The bride was reportedly dancing to the song and enjoying her wedding, but the groom’s family were not impressed resulting in a huge row between the two families.
This is not the first time this has happened. The song led to another divorce in Jordan last year.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency