An Abuja based business man and Chairman of Silver Proof Nigeria Ltd., Timothy Bagwams has dragged the Minister of Federal Capital Territory, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello, the FCT Permanent Secretary, Dr. Babatope Ajakaiye before an Appeal Court seeking to restrain them from further demolition of his property.
Others joined in the suit no FCT/HC/CV/2020/16 were Abuja Metropolitan Management Council and Director of FCT Parks and Recreation.
The Court action followed the demolition of a garden facility belonging to Bagwams situated on Plot 747 A00 at Central Area by officials of Department of Development Control on Wednesday November 16, 2016.
Speaking with journalists, the business man alleged that the motive behind the demolition was sinister, noting that it was aimed at taking the plot of land designated as District Recreational Park away from him.
He argued that the land was dully allocated to his company, Silver Proof Nigeria Ltd by the Federal Capital Territory Administration in 2007 with all the appropriate documents with the sole purpose of developing a garden on the plot.
According to him, the FCT Administration had in the past written that to the the area is a sub-system of Green Area network in the detailed Central Area Urban Design prepared by Messrs. Kenzo Tange and Urtec in 1998.
He further revealed that a Deed of Lease of the Park between him and the FCTA was signed and sealed on July 16, 2007 adding that all the relevant fees requested of him by the law were paid in respect of the Deed.
Bagwams who is lamenting the loss that resulted from the demolition exercise which was carried out in the presence of heavily armed Police men and soldiers said his investment has gone down the drain.
- Emir of Ilorin condoles former AMCON chairman, Kola Belgore over wife’s death
- NiMet signs MoU with Sahel Consulting on agricultural improvement
- Buhari responsible for rot in Nigeria– Igboho
- NLC protest action may bring anarchy– TUC
- Former Kwara NUJ secretary, Timothy Nathaniel for burial Feb. 26-27
- Account for toll gate, parking lots fees since 2015, Court orders FAAN
- Adamawa hunters collaborate with Army to fight criminalities
- CSOs urge NASS to probe FG over $3.4billion COVID-19 loan, subsidy savings, others
- ARRANT NONSENSE: MURIC REPLIES MAN WHO SAID REMI TINUBU SHOULD BE KILLED
- JUST IN…. Former NBA national president, emerges as LP guber candidate in Edo