A complainant, Mr. Abubakar Abdulkareem, has dragged former vice-chancellors of the University of Ilorin, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede and Prof. Abdulganiyu Ambali; Chief Imam of the school, Prof. Abdulganiyu Oladosu, and 13 lecturers from the institution before a magistrates’ court in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital.
According to some documents sighted by our correspondent on Friday, Oloyede, who is the current Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, had been summoned before the court.
Abdulkareem had lodged a criminal complaint of conspiracy, false information, kidnapping and abduction of his wife and four children, against the defendants, in line with Sections 97, 177, 273, 386 and 389 of the Penal Code of Kwara State.
He said that his wife, Fatima, and their four children, were on January 10, 2011, abducted.
He further said the defendants allegedly conspired to destroy his marriage.
He said, “Three of the accused persons in execution of their coordinated criminal plans, unlawfully kidnapped my wife and took her to an unknown destination. I discovered that my wife was being unlawfully held and kept in the first accused person’s uncompleted private residence, while my children were kept and subjected to forced labour, child abuse/molestation by the accused persons.”
Counsel for the complainant, Mr. Alayo Akanbi, moved an application that the 3rd, 6th, 9th, 13th, and 14th accused persons should be served with a criminal summons in the matter by pasting the summons in conspicuous places at their addresses. The application also sought to have the ruling reserved till February 22, 2018.
In his reaction, counsel for the accused persons, Ibrahim Abikan, moved an application asking the court to dispense with the move by the complainant to have his clients appear in court pending the trial.
The matter was adjourned till February 22, 2018.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Buhari’s Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen, withdraws from Senatorial race
- Stirke: UNILORIN VC sends strong message to FG, ASUU
- Ekiti guber race: I’m committed to APC’s victory at poll—Bamidele
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES