A Karmo Grade 1 Area Court in Abuja, on Tuesday sentenced a 20-year-old man, Sunday Patrick, to four months imprisonment for beating up one Lucy Kazever.
The Judge, Sadiq Abubakar, however, gave the convict an option of N10,000 fine and said that the punishment would serve as a deterrent to others.
Patrick, who resides at 1st Avenue in Gwarimpa area of Abuja, had pleaded guilty to the one-count charge of criminal force and assault and begged for leniency. Read also: APC is responsible for Biafra agitation—Reps member
The Prosecutor, Auhioboh Florence, had told the court that the complainant reported the matter at the Gwarimpa Police Station on Sept. 24. Florence said “the convict and the complainant had an argument and the convict violently beat her up for no just cause, the complainant sustained a serious injury on her face and was rushed to the Federal Medical Centre, Jabi, Abuja”.
She added that the complainant spent N1,600 treating herself.
The prosecutor said that during police investigation, the convict confessed to committing the crime. stating said the offence violated Section 266 of the Penal Code. Read also: Two men drugs and rape 8-yr-old girl in Rivers
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC