A Karmo Grade 1 Area Court in Abuja, on Tuesday sentenced a 20-year-old man, Sunday Patrick, to four months imprisonment for beating up one Lucy Kazever.
The Judge, Sadiq Abubakar, however, gave the convict an option of N10,000 fine and said that the punishment would serve as a deterrent to others.
Patrick, who resides at 1st Avenue in Gwarimpa area of Abuja, had pleaded guilty to the one-count charge of criminal force and assault and begged for leniency. Read also: APC is responsible for Biafra agitation—Reps member
The Prosecutor, Auhioboh Florence, had told the court that the complainant reported the matter at the Gwarimpa Police Station on Sept. 24. Florence said “the convict and the complainant had an argument and the convict violently beat her up for no just cause, the complainant sustained a serious injury on her face and was rushed to the Federal Medical Centre, Jabi, Abuja”.
She added that the complainant spent N1,600 treating herself.
The prosecutor said that during police investigation, the convict confessed to committing the crime. stating said the offence violated Section 266 of the Penal Code. Read also: Two men drugs and rape 8-yr-old girl in Rivers
- TEMPORARY BAN ON PROTEST, RALLIES AND UNLAWFUL PROCESSIONS IN KWARA
- Opinion….THE ESSENTIALS OF GBENGA POWER (1)
- 35 Muslim Personalities, Groups Set To Bag IMAN’s Awards
- New currency: NASS, INEC admit threat to general elections
- Tinubu hails Nigerian Governors over Supreme Court ruling on CBN Naira Swap policy
- Election will hold as scheduled– INEC Chairman briefs FEC
- Bank workers threaten nationwide shutdown over attacks
- Old naira extension: Tinubu hails govs over Supreme Court ruling
- Governors beg Buhari to extend naira swap deadline
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling