A man had to be rushed to hospital after a ladder became impaled in his head.
Erkan Kacar, 43, was planning to do some renovations on his home, in the district of Ilkadim in the northern Turkish city of Samsun, when the accident happened.
According to local news site Sabah, he stretched out to reach some tools which were stored on a high shelf along with the ladder, but as he grappled for his gear, the ladder fell onto his head.
A sharp iron protrusion from the three-step ladder lodged into Erkan’s head and would not come loose, so an ambulance and emergency team were called to the scene.
An emergency team was unable to cut the iron nub away from the ladder, so Erkan had to be taken to the hospital with the ladder still attached to his head.
However, on the way to the hospital, the rough ride caused the iron protrusion to dislodge from his forehead, and Erkan was finally free from the ladder.
According to the local news site Istiklal, Erkan said: “It is amazing. We could not take it out of my head, but it came loose itself during the ride. I am okay now.”
The ambulance continued its journey to the hospital so that Erkan could be checked on.
Erkan was reportedly discharged after he was found to be in good health.
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people
- Kwara Govt approves scholarship for Law students
- Bernard Arnault overtakes Elon Musk, emerges world’s richest
- Fuel Scarcity: Give us petrol at official ex-depot price, lPMAN tasks NNPC
- We have no hands in appointment of VCs– NUC
- World Cup quarter-finals: Morocco vs. Portugal on Saturday
- Adamawa establishes 5 sexual referral centres – Official
- Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelenskyy named Time’s 2022 Person of the Year