There was pandemonium on Tuesday at the popular Igbudu Market in the Warri South Local Government Area of Delta State when a man reportedly slumped and died.
He was on his way to buy fresh fish after he bought tomatoes and pepper before the unfortunate incidence happened, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
A source at the scene said, “The man was at the market to purchase foodstuffs and after buying tomatoes and pepper, he wanted to buy fresh fish. Somebody directed him to where fresh fish was being sold.
“On his way to where he would get the fresh fish, he slumped and died.
“The man might have died as a result of hunger. He was moving like someone, who had not eaten for days.”
When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Onome Onovwakpoyeya, confirmed the incident.
“It is true, but we don’t know what happened; we are not doctors. The man just slumped and died,” the PPRO stated.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment