Manchester City have opened up an eight-point gap at the top of the English Premier League, but Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is not convinced they can have an unbeaten season.
Pep Guardiola’s side have scored 38 goals along the way, prompting some to be predicting an unbeaten season for them.
City have won 10 of their opening 11 games, and only a home draw against Everton in August deprived them of a perfect start.
Their 3-1 win over Arsenal earlier this month extended their winning streak to 15 games in all competitions.
Arsenal are the only team to go unbeaten throughout an entire Premier League season, and that was 2003-04.
When asked whether City could emulate his “Invincibles” the Frenchman said there was still a long way to go.
“They are a good side but they are not an unstoppable side,” Wenger said.
“People always want to predict what will happen in the game.
“I don’t know more than you. Maybe, maybe not, but at the moment only one team has done it”.
Arsenal, who trail City by 12 points in sixth, host Tottenham Hotspur in the north London derby on Saturday
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Buhari’s Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen, withdraws from Senatorial race
- Stirke: UNILORIN VC sends strong message to FG, ASUU
- Ekiti guber race: I’m committed to APC’s victory at poll—Bamidele
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES