Manchester City and Argentine striker, Sergio Aguero has paid tribute to his former father-in-law Diego Maradona following his tragic death on Wednesday, November 25th.
The Argentina icon died in his sleep after suffering heart failure, only two weeks after leaving the hospital following surgery to remove a blood clot on his brain. He was 60.
Aguero, after his involvement against Olympiacos in the Champions League on Wednesday night, November 35, paid tribute to Diego Maradona, who was his son’s grandfather.
Alongside a picture of the pair embracing and Maradona celebrating with the World Cup in 1986, Aguero captioned his Twitter post: ‘We are never going to forget you. You will always be with us. #GraciasDiego RIP.’
Aguero was married to Gianinna Maradona, the youngest daughter of the former Argentine footballer, who was present at the birth of the couple’s son Benjamin in 2009.
The couple separated in 2012 with Aguero and Maradona reportedly falling out. The football legend reportedly branded the striker a ‘wimp’ when his marriage to his daughter ended.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion