Manchester City and Argentine striker, Sergio Aguero has paid tribute to his former father-in-law Diego Maradona following his tragic death on Wednesday, November 25th.
The Argentina icon died in his sleep after suffering heart failure, only two weeks after leaving the hospital following surgery to remove a blood clot on his brain. He was 60.
Aguero, after his involvement against Olympiacos in the Champions League on Wednesday night, November 35, paid tribute to Diego Maradona, who was his son’s grandfather.
Alongside a picture of the pair embracing and Maradona celebrating with the World Cup in 1986, Aguero captioned his Twitter post: ‘We are never going to forget you. You will always be with us. #GraciasDiego RIP.’
Aguero was married to Gianinna Maradona, the youngest daughter of the former Argentine footballer, who was present at the birth of the couple’s son Benjamin in 2009.
The couple separated in 2012 with Aguero and Maradona reportedly falling out. The football legend reportedly branded the striker a ‘wimp’ when his marriage to his daughter ended.
- Ex-Gov. Ahmed to be charge to court soon– EFCC
- Oyo Govt Reopens Industrial Facility Sealed Over Pollution
- Customs deploys new Area Controller to Kwara
- Senate probes cement, other building materials’ prices increase
- Kwara students applaud AbdulRazaq for pro-masses programmes
- Senate rejects planned electricity tariff hike, probes N2trn subsidy requirements
- CBN’s Monetary Policy C’ttee nominees proffer solutions to FX, food crisis
- Senate confirms NHIA, NPC, NAHCON nominees
- Abuja lawyer, Maxwell Opara drags Tinubu to Court over alleged lopsided appointments
- Kwara AGILE to Secure Future of Children – KWSG