Mason Mount has been announced as Chelsea’s Player of the Year for the 2020/21 campaign by the fans.
The 22-year-old England international was confirmed as the winner of the Player of the Year award on Tuesday morning, May 18, making him the first Chelsea academy graduate to win the award since John Terry in 2006.
A worthy winner of the 2020/21 Men’s Player of the Year! 👏 pic.twitter.com/YtDTGhEglF
— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) May 18, 2021
Mount has already reached 100 senior appearances for the club in less than two seasons at the club, an incredible achievement for an academy graduate.
The attacking/central midfielder has bagged nine goals and eight assists this term in all competitions and his season could be completed with European success if they defeat Manchester City in the Champions League final and secure a top-four finish.
- Flooding: Wurukum Traders appeal to Gov over N2bn properties loss
- Kwara Police gets first female spokesperson, DSP Ejire-Adeyemi Adetoun
- Nigeria committed to end terrorism, maintenance of peace –Gaidam
- Kwara Govt. Kicks Against Street Begging
- (PHOTOS) Medical Laboratory Council Inducts KWASU’s 46 Newly Qualified Graduates
- 12 feared dead in ghastly auto crash in Kwara
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s media aide, Rafiu Ajakaye warns against sensational reporting
- COAS visits Benue, pledges more military interventions in crises ridden areas
- Engr. Yunusa Yahaya’s death, a monumental loss to humanity— Emir of Okuta
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death