The Vice Chancellor of the University of Ilorin, Prof. Sulyman Age Abdulkareem, has disclosed that there is a large deposit of tin ore on the University land from which the University can generate huge revenue.
Prof. Abdulkareem, disclosed this at the opening ceremony of the strategic plan Retreat for University Council Members at the Epe Resort & Spa, Epe, Lagos State.
He added that the University management is already firming up an arrangement for the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to utilise the expansive land of the University for large-scale farming of soya beans and maize.
Amidst applause from participants at the retreat, the Vice-Chancellor added that the University, which was on the ninth rung in the web ranking in the last two years, has now moved up to number six.
Prof. Abdulkareem expressed appreciation to the Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of the University Governing Council, Dr. Abdullah Jibril Oyekan, and other Council Members for their support for the University since their appointment.
He specifically thanked Dr. Oyekan for his thoughtfulness in coming up with the idea of the retreat, which he believed would fashion out the way forward for the University Administration.
In his opening remarks, the Council Chairman, Dr. Oyekan, said that even though it is coming late after 15 months of the inauguration of the Council, the retreat is worth it.
He noted that at the end, the retreat would come up with an Action Plan which can be accelerated for actualisation by the end of the Council tenure.
- Ex-CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor’s marriage crashes
- BREAKING…CBN begins distribution of redesigned naira notes to banks
- Celine Dion cancels shows over incurable disease
- Reps disagree with CBN, orders suspension of cash withdrawal limit
- Abducted Ondo monarch regains freedom
- Petrol price disparity: Marketers issue seven-day ultimatum
- KWASSIP starts public workfare programme to alleviate poverty
- Again, naira loses to dollar, exchanges at 445.83
- Sanwo-Olu impregnated my mother in 1994 — Delta man claims he’s gov’s son
- Gov Ortom invites Buhari to commission Benue project