Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed, has described workers in the state as dependable allies in entrenching good governance and efficient service delivery.
The Governor, in his May Day message to the workers signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Abdulwahab Oba, said workers remain indispensable companions in his administration’s quest to building a prosperous Kwara for all, ROYAL NEWS reports.
He said the government could not have achieved remarkable achievements in various sectors of the economy without the contributions and support of the workforce.
Governor Ahmed, who congratulated the workers on the occasion of May Day, assured them that the present administration would continue to prioritise their welfare through improved working condition with a view to enhancing their productivity.
He reassured the workers that his government would not renege in prompt payment of salaries and other benefits despite the prevailing economic realities.
According to the governor, “the state government facilitated a N4b loan for the 16 Local Governments in the State to offset part of their salary arrears owed their staff because it regards the councils as integral part of the State and shall continue to support all workers in the state”.
“Workers are the engine room of any government that must be cherished and partnered with for positive results at all times. Any government that undermines the capability of workers at any given point in time, is preparing to fail”, Dr Ahmed said.
While the Governor promised to complete ongoing secretariat complex on schedule, he urged workers to sustain their loyalty, dedication to duty and efficient service delivery in order to build a virile civil service and move the state to the next level.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment