Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed, has described workers in the state as dependable allies in entrenching good governance and efficient service delivery.
The Governor, in his May Day message to the workers signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Abdulwahab Oba, said workers remain indispensable companions in his administration’s quest to building a prosperous Kwara for all, ROYAL NEWS reports.
He said the government could not have achieved remarkable achievements in various sectors of the economy without the contributions and support of the workforce.
Governor Ahmed, who congratulated the workers on the occasion of May Day, assured them that the present administration would continue to prioritise their welfare through improved working condition with a view to enhancing their productivity.
He reassured the workers that his government would not renege in prompt payment of salaries and other benefits despite the prevailing economic realities.
According to the governor, “the state government facilitated a N4b loan for the 16 Local Governments in the State to offset part of their salary arrears owed their staff because it regards the councils as integral part of the State and shall continue to support all workers in the state”.
“Workers are the engine room of any government that must be cherished and partnered with for positive results at all times. Any government that undermines the capability of workers at any given point in time, is preparing to fail”, Dr Ahmed said.
While the Governor promised to complete ongoing secretariat complex on schedule, he urged workers to sustain their loyalty, dedication to duty and efficient service delivery in order to build a virile civil service and move the state to the next level.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note