A 35-year old Indonesian mother, Maryati, 35, has revealed that her two-year-old son, Rapi Ananda Pamungkas, smokes about 40 cigarettes per day.
According to Sun UK, the toddler picked up the habit very young, when he used to pick up used cigarette butts outside his mum’s market stall in hill station resort of Sukabumi.
He later graduated to demanding cigarettes from passers-by. The adults initially found the toddler’s demand endearing and gave him the cigarettes while laughing as he lit up.
His mother says, he becomes aggressive and throws tantrums whenever he is not given cigarettes. To calm him, Maryati now buys at least two packs of cigarettes every day to stop him from going ”beserk”.
She said: ”My child is used to smoking while drinking coffee and eating cake.
“If I don’t give him a cigarette, my child goes berserk.”
She added: “If Rapi doesn’t get cigarettes he cannot sleep. He will start rampaging and crying.
“It’s expensive, because we have to buy them for him. He likes to do it all day. He can smoke about 40 every day.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport