Thomas Markle was pictured delivering a letter to Oprah Winfrey’s house, asking for an interview with the US TV host.
He drove up to Oprah’s property in Montecito, California, which is close to his daughter Meghan Markle’s home, and handed the letter to a security guard on Thursday, March 25.
The 76-year-old, who made the trip from his house in Rosarito, Mexico, wants to tell his side of the story, it is claimed.
A source told The Sun: “Thomas delivered a letter to Oprah asking her to contact him so he could tell his side of the story.
“This was not a note to Meghan and Harry, it was meant for Oprah.
“Thomas watched the interview she did with them and feels he deserves a chance to have his say.”
Meghan Markle and her dad have not spoken for four years.
During the interview with Oprah, Meghan discussed her strained relationship with her dad, saying, “I grieve a lot.”
She told Oprah: “I mean, I’ve lost my father. I lost a baby. I nearly lost my name. I mean, there’s the loss of identity. But I’m still standing, and my hope for people in the takeaway from this is to know that there’s another side.”
She said she found it difficult to describe his actions, adding: “I genuinely can’t imagine doing anything to intentionally cause pain to my child.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal