Thomas Markle was pictured delivering a letter to Oprah Winfrey’s house, asking for an interview with the US TV host.
He drove up to Oprah’s property in Montecito, California, which is close to his daughter Meghan Markle’s home, and handed the letter to a security guard on Thursday, March 25.
The 76-year-old, who made the trip from his house in Rosarito, Mexico, wants to tell his side of the story, it is claimed.
A source told The Sun: “Thomas delivered a letter to Oprah asking her to contact him so he could tell his side of the story.
“This was not a note to Meghan and Harry, it was meant for Oprah.
“Thomas watched the interview she did with them and feels he deserves a chance to have his say.”
Meghan Markle and her dad have not spoken for four years.
During the interview with Oprah, Meghan discussed her strained relationship with her dad, saying, “I grieve a lot.”
She told Oprah: “I mean, I’ve lost my father. I lost a baby. I nearly lost my name. I mean, there’s the loss of identity. But I’m still standing, and my hope for people in the takeaway from this is to know that there’s another side.”
She said she found it difficult to describe his actions, adding: “I genuinely can’t imagine doing anything to intentionally cause pain to my child.”
- TEMPORARY BAN ON PROTEST, RALLIES AND UNLAWFUL PROCESSIONS IN KWARA
- Opinion….THE ESSENTIALS OF GBENGA POWER (1)
- 35 Muslim Personalities, Groups Set To Bag IMAN’s Awards
- New currency: NASS, INEC admit threat to general elections
- Tinubu hails Nigerian Governors over Supreme Court ruling on CBN Naira Swap policy
- Election will hold as scheduled– INEC Chairman briefs FEC
- Bank workers threaten nationwide shutdown over attacks
- Old naira extension: Tinubu hails govs over Supreme Court ruling
- Governors beg Buhari to extend naira swap deadline
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling