The club reached a basic agreement with Jorge Messi, the superstar’s father and agent, on an extension by at least one season of his current contract, set to expire in the summer of 2023.
Messi moved to PSG from FC Barcelona in 2021. The Argentinian has repeatedly said he would decide on his future after the World Cup in Qatar.
Messi has reportedly also been in talks with MLS franchise Inter Miami as well as being repeatedly linked with a return to Barcelona.
Qatar-backed PSG however has the greatest financial resources.
Messi helped Argentina win their third world title in Qatar, where on Sunday they defeated defending champions France 4-2 on penalties after a 3-3 deadlock.
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate
- LASU Senate elects Omobitan new Deputy VC
- Abuja /Kaduna train to resume operations on Tuesday
- Diezani drags EFCC to court to recover seized assets